The activities of IBG funds are focused on rapidly growing lead markets in Saxony-Anhalt. We provide support for young companies with long-term, above-average growth potential in the fields of energy, mechanical and plant engineering, resource efficiency, health and medicine, mobility and logistics, chemistry and bioeconomics, food and agriculture.
Important interdisciplinary areas include information and communications technologies, media and the creative economy, and key enabling technologies, such as efficient manufacturing technologies, microsystems technology, nanotechnologies, and the development and use of new materials.
When deciding whether or not to invest, we focus on such questions as:
- do the products/processes provide a sufficiently beneficial competitive edge, and do the products/processes solve an existing or predictable problem/need in the long term?
- is there effective patent protection / a patent strategy, where beneficial, and/or is this achievable?
- has the company already achieved market success or another kind of track record? Does it understand the market?
- have verifiable pilot projects been carried out, and/or is there reliable data available?
- is the target market attractive (in terms of size, growth and returns)?
- how can the company enter or penetrate the market in a credible way?
- is there a management team with suitable experience to put adequate business structures in place? What should these look like?
bmp supports technology-oriented businesses with venture capital from IBG funds, and provides them with active support as they grow and develop their business. It assumes lead, co-lead, but also co-investor roles in this process.